Thursday, March 20, 2008

An Idea Journal

Do you have an idea journal?

When I started this blog, I wanted to discuss my learning process for digiscrapping and photography, as well as my designs. Since then I have bee lucky enough to get a store and start selling some of my designs, but I haven't taken the time to write about what I have been learning as I started scrapping and taking pictures.

The first thing to discuss, in my opinion is an idea journal. I can't remember all things I want to scrap and take pictures of while I am living my life. I need a place to collect all my ideas and put them on paper. I have an idea journal for layouts and I also collect my design ideas in there too. That is where I go when I want to see what stories I want to make. Its where I sketch out idea for layouts and QPs that I am making for me or for sale.

If you have small kids and want to remember certain moments or quotes, its great to have a notebook handy where you hang out with them. I can't remember things if I have to wait to get to my computer and type them in.

Do you have an idea journal? How do you use it?

No comments: