Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Not so Perfect Picture

I have posted a new scraplift challenge at DXD. Come and play this month. This month I am focused on the less than perfect picture.

So how do you use pictures that aren't as perfect as you would hope? Either they are old and discolored or even newer blurry picts? First, I also enlarge the photo if I am going to. Then, I try to correct the problem as much as possible, either running Sharpening filters or adjusting the colors/contrast.

After I have corrected the pictures, then I create a duplicate on a different layer and run a filter on the corrected version that changes it into digital art. I like to use Virtual Photographer, posterize, watercolor, and colored pencil filters. But I always play with different layers and blending modes too, until I am happy. Sometimes it takes me a long time to figure out what I like from all this playing, but I feel like the end result is usually something special.

No comments: